Hot ‘n’ Spicy Spareribs
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 1 hour 40 min.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 pounds pork spareribs
- 6 sheets (40 inches x 18 inches) heavy-duty foil
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and seasonings. Rub all of it onto both sides of ribs. Make two stacks the three sheets of foil and place half the ribs in the center of each stack. Bring opposite long edges of foil together; fold down several times. Fold the short edges toward the food and crimp tightly to prevent leaks. Refrigerate overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat. Place foil packets over indirect medium heat. Grill, covered, for 1-1/2 hours or until tender, turning foil packets over after 45 minutes. Remove ribs from foil; place over direct heat. Grill, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until crisp, turning once.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 1310 calories, 97g fat (35g saturated fat), 383mg cholesterol, 1204mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 93g protein.
Jan 5, 2013
Most amazing ribs I have ever had! I will never make ribs any other way again!!!!
May 28, 2012
Spicy kicks in at the back of your mouth just a couple seconds after you first bite.
Jun 21, 2011
This recipe is awesome
Feb 27, 2010
Easy and delicious!
Oct 30, 2009
Was an ok recipe, but didn't have too much flavor. Didn't think all the spices worked well together.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.