“This recipe is light, zippy and flavorful. It's a nice healthy salad that's great for a luncheon with friends.” And with blueberries, walnuts and olive oil, it's nutritionally exceptional, too. Denise Rasmussen - Salina, Kansas
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 6 cups spring mix salad greens
- 2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, honey, oil, salt and pepper. Pour 1/3 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining lime juice mixture for dressing.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, watermelon, blueberries and yellow pepper; add reserved dressing and toss to coat. Divide among four serving plates. Slice chicken; serve with salads. Sprinkle each serving with 4 teaspoons walnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Refreshing Grilled Chicken Salad in Healthy Cooking April/May 2009, p35
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Refreshing Grilled Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review