- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- Place egg substitute in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the cheese, Italian seasoning, pepper flakes and pepper. Dip fillets in egg substitute, then cheese mixture.
- Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forRed Pepper & Parmesan Tilapia
"Very good recipe. quick and easy to make and delicious. I did as others suggested and added maybe 1/4c of bread crumbs, and I also used 1 whole egg instead of egg substitute. Wife and I really liked it, but it was too spicy for our kids. I only used 1/2t of red pepper. Next time I'll tone down the pepper."
"Husband loved this ! NO changes. Love the easy/simple prep. THANK YOU for sharing!"
"quick & very flavorful. No need to substitute anything..It's delicious just the way it is. I like the fact that it's made with egg substitute for those of us who are trying to eat healthier."
"easy and flavorful. I subbed Old Bay for the Italian seasoning and used fresh preground parm. Crust was really nice. I baked at 425 for 8 minutes in a pan, then transferred to a greased cooling rack on top of that pan for the rest of cooking time--made the bottom crisper!"
"Super simple and super delicious!"
"I changed this recipe up a bit. Turned out to be the best recipe I have ever made. I'm not a huge fan of red pepper flakes so I used 1 tsp of garlic and herbs (mrs dash), I used one egg instead of egg substitute and then I used the table blend by Mrs dash instead of pepper. I also cooked it uncovered for 10 minutes covered with foil for 8 minutes then uncovered for 2 minutes."
"I used the advice of a few others and added breadcrumbs to the parmesan mix...... turned out pretty good. Will make again."
"This recipe was ok. My husband complained that the egg substitute was too runny so it made preparing the fish difficult. I put Cajun seasoning on mine to make it more flavorful."
"Very tasty. Will cook it again."
"Very delicious. Used spray butter instead of egg substitute."