Garnished with whipped cream, chocolate curls and raspberry-flavored marshmallows, this cool-weather favorite goes from everyday to extra-special. —Andrew McDowell, Lake Villa, Illinois
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Optional toppings: whipped cream, marshmallows and chocolate curls
- In a small saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan (do not boil).
- Place the raspberries, chocolate and sugar in a blender; cover. While processing, gradually add hot milk in a steady stream. Strain; discard seeds. Serve in mugs; top with whipped cream, marshmallows and chocolate if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Hot Cocoa in Taste of Home December/January 2012, p47
Reviews for Raspberry Hot Cocoa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2011
"WHAT could be better than chocolate AND raspberries!!!!! And I used unsweetened chocolate and Splenda for my hubby. YUM!"