- 12 slices cinnamon bread, cubed
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, 3/4 cup brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Sprinkle almonds over egg mixture. Combine butter and remaining brown sugar; drizzle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with raspberries. Bake 10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Raspberry-Cinnamon French Toast
"Excellent! I used 1 1/2 can's of peaches instead of the raspberries. Great for Brunch!"
"very easy & tasty"
"I used rens suggestion (below) and made with apples instead of raspberries and almonds. Fantastic! The guests at my party loved it!"
"Followed the recipe exactly and my guests loved it! I'm not much of a baker/cook, but this recipe was so easy and delicious. Definitely one to add to the repertoire!"
"Very easy and delicious, rarely any left."
"Couldn't find plain cinnamon bread, so used oat-nut with extra cinnamon in the bread cubes, egg mixture, & topping mixture. Also used blueberries (were fresher). Turned out very well!! Omitted almonds on one end & my 18mo old grand daughter also enjoyed!! Will make again."
"Had to take breakfast to work for 20 people. Made the raspberry one but also decided to make an apple one too. I used 3 med apples diced (deleted the raspberries and almonds). I put the apples in the microwave for a few minutes to assure cooking all the way through in the morning. I turned the apple/bread/egg mixture over a few times before refrigerating. It was a bigger hit than the raspberry one. I will definitely make them both again."
"This recipe was awesome! I accidentally used 1 extra egg, but it turned out well. We also only used 1/4 cup of almonds. It was awesome! Thanks for the recipe!"