Raspberry Barbecue Wings Recipe
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 2/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 15 chicken wings (about 3 pounds)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 cup water
- In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, jam, chopped onion, peppers, 1 teaspoon garlic, 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke if desired and salt; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip section. Place the chicken wings in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Top with sliced onion and remaining garlic. Combine the water and remaining Liquid Smoke if desired; pour over wings. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Transfer wings to a greased broiler pan; brush with sauce. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 20-25 minutes, turning and basting every 5 minutes or until wings are well coated. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Raspberry Barbecue Wings(3)
Sort By :
We have been making these wings for years - definite family favorite. Instead of finishing under the broiler, we put on the grill, get them a little crispy, then paint on the bbq sauce.
This is a great way to spice up those party wings. I used this weekend after a golf outing and was gobbled up.
Don't throw that summer watermelon shell away. Scrape out any leftover red, light red and white rind and squeeze thru a strainer, saving the juice and pulp. Now make this recipe and substitute the pulp for the jam and the juice for the water. If you want a little thicker glaze add 1/3 cup of dark corn syrup to pulp.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baked Chicken >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chicken Appetizers >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Wings >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >
- Mexican Appetizers >