Quinoa Wilted Spinach Salad Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, torn
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from the heat; fluff with a fork.
- In a large bowl, combine the warm quinoa, spinach and cranberries. For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the oil, orange juice, vinegar, maple syrup, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir in onion. Pour over quinoa mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Quinoa Wilted Spinach Salad
Sort By :
I wasn't impressed. I liked the idea of a quick, easy, healthy meal, but this wasn't doing it for me.
This salad is great! Took it to work for lunch to share and we all liked it a lot; I'll be making it again. I substituted lime juice (didn't have any oranges), and chopped red onion, and reduced the amount of quinoa as others suggested. I'll be making it again soon. I'll add mandarin oranges next time, I think they'd be a great addition.
Update April 2014: Made this again, this time I made the dressing as written, substituted toasted sesame seeds for the pecans and added mandarin oranges - EVEN YUMMIER! You'll love this one, folks!
Not my favorite quinoa salad, but one that I'm willing to eat again.
Excellent salad! Was out of red wine vinegar so had to use apple cider vinegar instead and it tasted great. Also used finely chopped sweet onion instead of green onion. Next time I think I'll try it with grilled chicken.