- 3/4 to 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen Tater Tot potatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup milk or water
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with potatoes. Combine soup and milk; pour over potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Reviews for Quick Tater Tot Bake
Sort By :
We have had a much loved similar recipe for years (we = my sister found it, shared it with me). The only part we cannot remember is the actual name and origin of the recipe! Our "Tater Tot Casserole Bake Thingy" is similar, but the serving count is larger, we use 32 oz. bag of tater tots and closer to 2lbs of ground beef, but that's due to the number of people eating. The real difference is, we use 2 different soups - Golden Mushroom and Cream of Celery; adding one "can full" of milk, so 2:1 ratio soup to milk. We don't add the cheese topping until last 15 minutes of baking time...and then put a dish of sour cream on the side for everyone to add a big spoonful to the top of their portion. This is one of our favorite easy-peasy weeknight/rainy-cold night/comfort food suppers.
so easy and tasty, quick as a snap to make and easy to make larger amounts
I adjusted this a bit to accommodate what I had on hand. In a skillet I cooked carrots and cut up pearl onions. Then I added in minced garlic clove and 1 cup of cooked beef tenderloin from a previous meal, cooking until the carrots were tender. I followed the rest of the directions as written. What a dish, my kids loved it.
My family loves it! I found this recipe when searching for easy meals to prepare following surgery. Not only is this simple to make, it's better than the traditional tater tot casserole. I have used cheddar cheese and cream of chicken in place of the cream of mushroom. Both are great.
I used cream of celery soup and it was good for a quick supper when I didn't feel like cooking.