When I serve this fruit soup on a warm summer evening, my guests are always delighted. Compliments abound for this sweet and creamy meal starter.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 cups water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- Sour cream or additional yogurt, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the blueberries, water, sugar and allspice. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.
- In batches, process blueberry mixture and yogurt until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with sour cream or yogurt if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chilled Blueberry Soup in Country Extra July 2003, p51
Reviews for Quick Chilled Blueberry Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review