Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 to 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- Whipped cream, additional raspberries and mint, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring cranberries and apple juice to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Press through a sieve; return to the pan. Also press the raspberries through the sieve; discard skins and seeds. Add to cranberry mixture; bring to a boil. Add the sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon; remove from the heat.
- Cool 4 minutes. Combine cornstarch and cream until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve hot or chilled. Serve with whipped cream, raspberries and mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 362 calories, 12g fat (8g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 18, 2014
I thought this fruit soup was delicious, despite my husband's protests that it does not count as a soup! The lack of meat and veggies suited me just fine. I didn't add a full cup of sugar because it seemed like an awful lot. I will say it took me about an hour to make this, but I am kind of a slow cook anyway. I recommend this recipe!
Jul 14, 2013
Delicious! Making it for houseguest this week. Even my husband thought it was very good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.