Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 to 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- Whipped cream, additional raspberries and mint, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring cranberries and apple juice to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Press through a sieve; return to the pan. Also press the raspberries through the sieve; discard skins and seeds. Add to cranberry mixture; bring to a boil. Add the sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon; remove from the heat.
- Cool 4 minutes. Combine cornstarch and cream until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve hot or chilled. Serve with whipped cream, raspberries and mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 362 calories, 12g fat (8g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 18, 2014
I thought this fruit soup was delicious, despite my husband's protests that it does not count as a soup! The lack of meat and veggies suited me just fine. I didn't add a full cup of sugar because it seemed like an awful lot. I will say it took me about an hour to make this, but I am kind of a slow cook anyway. I recommend this recipe!
Jul 14, 2013
Delicious! Making it for houseguest this week. Even my husband thought it was very good.