Pumpkin Ginger Scones Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 7 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 7 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, ginger and baking soda. Cut in 4 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine the egg, pumpkin and sour cream; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Pat into an 8-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges. Separate wedges and place on a greased baking sheet. Melt remaining butter; brush over dough. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
Reviews for Pumpkin Ginger Scones
Sort By :
"These scones had really good flavor. They are definitely best served warm since they just don't warm up very well at all."
"I made this today for my husband for the first time and he really liked them. I added a bit more seasoning to the dough and a pinch of cinnamon and ginger to the teaspon sugar."
"Very good... I made with 1/2 whole wheat flour and 1/2 white flour. I also used vanilla greek yogurt in place of the sour cream... I always do in baking.. Much less fat, same consistency and more protein..."
"I rated this 5 stars with the following changes: instead of 2 cups white flour, I used 1 cup whole wheat and 1 cup white. I increased the pumpkin to 3/4 cup, then added in white flour when kneading to help with the stickiness (maybe an extra 1/2 cup). I used Bestlife Buttery Baking sticks instead of butter and used low fat, not fat free, sour cream. I baked them about 10 minutes or so longer than called for. I double iced them by mixing 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1 or a bit more coffee creamer (cinnamon vanilla flavored). Paint on cooled scones and let dry. Then mix 1 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, and a dash of cloves and ginger. Whisk together then add 1-2 tablespoons creamer to a drizzle consistency. Using whisk, drizzle in a pattern over the scones with dried icing. Let dry."
"I just seen this recipe today. I had all the ingrediants so I decided to make them. They are delish....I made 3 batches. The last 2 I added raisins and pecans. I prefer them without. I would deff make again."