- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Fresh strawberries and additional whipped topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix crushed pretzels, melted butter and sugar; press onto bottom of an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- For filling, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in whipped topping; spread over crust. Refrigerate, covered, until cold.
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water; refrigerate until partially set. Pour carefully over filling. Refrigerate, covered, until firm, 4-6 hours.
- Cut into squares. If desired, serve with strawberries and additional whipped topping. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Pretzel Jell-O Dessert
"SO GOOD. We had this at Thanksgiving. Was a great mix of slightly salty crunch, smooth creaminess and fun wiggly Jello. We added crushed pecans to the base and sliced strawberries on top within the Jello. Big pan. Only 4 pieces left. Dibs!!!!"
"This recipe is very east to lighten up. I used fat free cream cheese and sugar free Jello. I didn't cut the butter in half this time but next time I will. Very tasty and good for a diabetic."
"Have been making this for years. Always use the frozen strawberries in the jello, that makes it all so more special! A friend from work made this one time using raspberry jello and the frozen mixed berries. WOW! I make it like this all the time now. One of my favorite desserts!"
"Had this while in Pittsburgh at a family gathering it was good I got home made it for my family and they LOVED IT ! I poured the jello over it and it ran down in the preztles and set it was still great next time I will let the jello set some before pouring .Will be trying with other flavors too .If you use graham crackers just make a cheese cake the preztles make it unique .This is now apart of our desert menu for life !"
"Used 3 c. Pretzels before crushing, 2 T. Sugar, 1 stick butter for crust. 1/2 c. Sugar for filling (cool whip and cream cheese same). Mixed watermelon and strawberry/kiwi jolly rancher brand jellos. Turned out fabulous. Was a Big hit! Note: watch the jello. It sets totally solid too quickly!"
"This is so delicious! I just made it for the second time today and can't wait to serve it at my ladies luncheon tomorrow. The pretzel crust is the best! Thanks for sharing!"
"Add the frozen strawberries and you have the world renowned PRETZIL salad!!Everybody knows this! Cheats!!"
"Too salty for me. But otherwise everything was good. I think I would like graham crackers instead of pretzels."
"I used 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs instead of pretzels. Did not have. I did add strawberries . Turned out great."