Ice Cream Pretzel Cake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 1-1/4 cups crushed pretzels
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 2 packages (7-1/2 ounces each) chocolate-covered miniature pretzels
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- Place crushed pretzels in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Cover and freeze for at least 30 minutes. Spread fudge topping over crust; cover and freeze.
- Set aside 16 chocolate-covered pretzels for garnish. Place remaining pretzels in a food processor; cover and process until crumbly. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in ice cream. Spread over fudge topping. Drizzle with caramel topping. Garnish with reserved pretzels. Cover and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 320 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 21, 2017
Really really good! I used a peanut butter chocolate ice cream in place of vanilla. Will be making this often!
Feb 2, 2016
This is a delicious ice cream cake, and it couldn't be easier. I made it for our Dessert Club and everyone loved it.
Apr 13, 2014
I love this ice cream cake recipe because its so delicious with crushed pretzels , vanilla ice cream and hot fudge ice cream topping.
Mar 29, 2014
Can't wait to make it!
Aug 31, 2011
This was really good, but I recommend freezing for at least 24 hours as mine was still soft.
Feb 16, 2011
My husband loves ice cream cakes and I was getting tired of buying them from the store, so I tried this for his birthday this year. It was so delicious! And easy, too! My recommendation would be to get the caramel in a squeeze bottle to make the decoration on top pretty like the picture.
Nov 17, 2010
Mine turned out just like the picture shown! It looks like a store-bought, fancy dessert, but it is really quite easy to make. My dinner guests were impressed .
Nov 1, 2010
I have not tried this recipe yet, but it looks absolutely amazing! I love chocolate covered pretzels, so I'm anxious to try it. I'm sure that it will be a big hit with my family!