Ice Cream Pretzel Cake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 1-1/4 cups crushed pretzels
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 2 packages (7-1/2 ounces each) chocolate-covered miniature pretzels
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- Place crushed pretzels in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Cover and freeze for at least 30 minutes. Spread fudge topping over crust; cover and freeze.
- Set aside 16 chocolate-covered pretzels for garnish. Place remaining pretzels in a food processor; cover and process until crumbly. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in ice cream. Spread over fudge topping. Drizzle with caramel topping. Garnish with reserved pretzels. Cover and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 320 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 21, 2017
Really really good! I used a peanut butter chocolate ice cream in place of vanilla. Will be making this often!
Feb 2, 2016
This is a delicious ice cream cake, and it couldn't be easier. I made it for our Dessert Club and everyone loved it.
Apr 13, 2014
I love this ice cream cake recipe because its so delicious with crushed pretzels , vanilla ice cream and hot fudge ice cream topping.
Mar 29, 2014
Can't wait to make it!
Aug 31, 2011
This was really good, but I recommend freezing for at least 24 hours as mine was still soft.
Feb 16, 2011
My husband loves ice cream cakes and I was getting tired of buying them from the store, so I tried this for his birthday this year. It was so delicious! And easy, too! My recommendation would be to get the caramel in a squeeze bottle to make the decoration on top pretty like the picture.
Nov 17, 2010
Mine turned out just like the picture shown! It looks like a store-bought, fancy dessert, but it is really quite easy to make. My dinner guests were impressed .
Nov 1, 2010
I have not tried this recipe yet, but it looks absolutely amazing! I love chocolate covered pretzels, so I'm anxious to try it. I'm sure that it will be a big hit with my family!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.