Pressure Cooker French Dip Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (about 3 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- Sliced French bread
- Place roast on a rack in a pressure cooker; sprinkle with oregano, rosemary, seasoned salt and pepper. Add broth, bay leaf and garlic. Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe.
- Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 1 hour. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.)
- Remove from the heat. Immediately cool according to manufacturer's directions until pressure is completely reduced. remove beef; shred with two forks. Discard bay leaf and garlic from broth. Serve shredded beef on French bread with broth for dipping. Yield: 8-10 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Pressure Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
Sort By :
I made this in a slow cooker today, used a bottom round roast. Worked great! The herby flavors shine through. Served it on rolls that I spread with garlic butter and broiled, then piled with shredded beef and smoked gouda cheese. SO good!
Use the juices left in the pressure cooker for the dipping broth.
How do you make the broth for the dip?
Try a crock pot. I make country style boneless pork ribs in Woody's cookin sauce that pull apart with a fork this way. UMMM, good!
Would love to make this but don't have a pressure cooker. Is there an alternate method?