- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) whole graham crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Prepare grill or campfire for low heat, using 16-18 charcoal briquettes or large wood chips.
- Line a Dutch oven with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Combine cracker crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of the pan. Pour milk over crust and sprinkle with chocolate and butterscotch chips. Top with marshmallows.
- Cover Dutch oven. When briquettes or wood chips are covered with white ash, place Dutch oven directly on top of six of them. Using long-handled tongs, place remaining briquettes on pan cover.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until chips are melted. To check for doneness, use the tongs to carefully lift the cover. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Pot of S'mores
Sort By :
"Made this for a girls youth activity at church and it was a huge hit. Everybody loved it and I had at least 5 of the leaders ask for the recipe. We will be making this a lot for our family campouts. We did add 1 c. more of marshmallows and did not use butterscotch chips instead, did 1 c. more of semi-sweet due to the reviews that it was too sweet."
"We now have a new camping favorite!!! It is a great recipe."
"These are awsome! We never have leftovers, the pot is scrapped clean!"
"Joanfw: I just made this in the oven and it turned out fine. I halved the recipe and put it in a 9-inch round cake pan and baked it at 350 for about 13 minutes. It is an ooey, gooey, yummy treat."
"How could this be adapted to oven cooking (vs. grill cooking)? Has anyone tried?"