- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries, divided
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- In a large saucepan, combine broth, 1 cup strawberries, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Strain mixture and set aside liquid, discarding solids.
- Sprinkle pork with garlic powder, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown pork in batches on both sides. Remove and keep warm.
- Add broth mixture to the pan; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth and gradually stir into skillet.
- Return pork to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened and pork is tender. Top each serving with cheese, onions and remaining strawberries. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Tenderloin Medallions with Strawberry Sauce
Sort By :
"Loved this! Made the broth mixture about a week in advance and left it in a jar in the refridge (change of plans). It was fine when I got to it and went on with the recipe as written. Very nice combination of flavors, will make again and not change a thing."
"I am always on the lookout for new "pork tenderloin recipes", since my family likes this cut of meat. This Pork Tenderloin Medallions with Strawberry Sauce is a keeper. It is a very refined recipe. The pork melts in your mouth and the sauce is smooth and has an incredible, yet indescribable taste. I have made this meal as a Sunday dinner and I would not hesitate to serve it to a few guests..."
"This is Gourmet Good! Unique flavor combinations - the colors of the ingredients together made a wonderful presentation. Can be done ahead - I reheated sauce with medallions when ready. Simple preparation."
"This was so tasty."
"Very good dish! Had an intersting flavor combination with the strawberries and feta cheese. Family liked. Would make both a unique and beautiful presentation for guests!"