Pork Medallions in Mustard Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons thawed apple juice concentrate
- 4-1/2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine the broth, juice concentrate and mustard; set aside.
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork in oil. Remove and set aside.
- Add garlic to the pan; saute for 1 minute. Add reserved broth mixture, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about 1/3 cup.
- Return pork to the pan; cover and cook over low heat for 3-4 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Medallions in Mustard Sauce(4)
Sort By :
Absolutely delicious!! I even used Motts 40% Less sugar apple juice & it was still flavorful. I always add a bit more garlic & pepper to my liking. I really enjoyed this recipe.
So flavorful and tender...tried the tip from previous post and put the pork in a cold skillet--AMAZING; I have never had it more tender!
This was so easy and very tasty too. The pork was so tender you could cut it with a fork. I will definately make this again.
Delicious! I didn't have apple juice concentrate, so I used 2 Tbsp of apple jelly preserve.
A trick I learned for always having tender pork is to place the pork in a cold pan and then heat. No tough pork ever again.
Try this recipe - delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >