- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons thawed apple juice concentrate
- 4-1/2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, mix broth, apple juice concentrate and mustard. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown pork on both sides; remove from pan.
- Add garlic to same pan; cook and stir 1 minute. Add broth mixture, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 6-8 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about 1/3 cup.
- Return pork to pan; cook, covered, over low heat 3-4 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Medallions in Mustard Sauce
Sort By :
This was really good ..followed MicheleG's advice. about cooking on a cold pan..I added a little white wine to the sauce
Absolutely delicious!! I even used Motts 40% Less sugar apple juice & it was still flavorful. I always add a bit more garlic & pepper to my liking. I really enjoyed this recipe.
So flavorful and tender...tried the tip from previous post and put the pork in a cold skillet--AMAZING; I have never had it more tender!
This was so easy and very tasty too. The pork was so tender you could cut it with a fork. I will definately make this again.
Delicious! I didn't have apple juice concentrate, so I used 2 Tbsp of apple jelly preserve.
A trick I learned for always having tender pork is to place the pork in a cold pan and then heat. No tough pork ever again.
Try this recipe - delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >