Pork Chops with Corn Bread Stuffing Recipe
In our family we love stuffing instead of potatoes. Add a vegetable and you have a fantastic meal. —Jo Groth, Plainfield, Iowa
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (7 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves, crushed
- 4 cups corn bread stuffing mix
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir in stuffing mix. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Sprinkle pork chops with steak seasoning. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; brown chops on both sides. Place over stuffing. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Corn Bread Stuffing
Reviewed Nov. 16, 2013
"this was really good. I am not a fan of cornbread stuffing, but this was really good."
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2012
"It was wonderful! I will fix again and again."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC