Pork Chops with Corn Bread Stuffing
In our family we love stuffing instead of potatoes. Add a vegetable and you have a fantastic meal. —Jo Groth, Plainfield, Iowa
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (7 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves, crushed
- 4 cups corn bread stuffing mix
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir in stuffing
- mix. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Sprinkle pork chops with steak seasoning. In a large skillet, heat
- oil over medium heat; brown chops on both sides. Place over
- stuffing. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a
- thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes
- before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.