- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup country style Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 medium red potatoes, sliced
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Stir in potatoes and onion. Top with pork chops. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops & Potatoes in Mushroom Sauce
Sort By :
"This is a recipe that I would like better with some tweeking. The gravy is not as thick or have as much mushroom flavor as I'd like. It also took a couple of hours longer than it said. The pork was tender but needed some more spice or something. Altogether a good basic recipe that I would prefer to build on!"
"We weren't fans at all. Maybe it was the dijon mustard?? Who knows but we didn't like it at all and threw it out. It was lacking all around to say the very least."
"I basically used it as a stepping stone and added some spices (red pepper, onion powder), julienne the potatoes, added Publix Deli Style Mustard with Horseradish and upped the amounts a bit and it turned out wonderful."
"This was very good and so easy to put together. After reading the other reviews I cooked it for about 8 hours and it was super tender and everyone loved it."
"Like others have said, it takes a little longer than the 6 hrs. to cook on low. I had to cook for 7 hrs. Also, chops should be browned in frying pan before placing in slow cooker, otherwise, they look awfully anemic when done. My husband said it smelled really good and chops were tender, but there was nothing special about the recipe, and he wouldn't care for it again."