- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce, warmed
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Unroll dough into one long rectangle; top with spinach, beef, roasted peppers and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with onion powder and pepper. Top with basil.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; tuck ends under and pinch seam to seal. Place roll-up on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; spritz top and sides with additional cooking spray. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into scant 1-in. slices. Serve with pizza sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Pizza Roll-Up
Sort By :
Wonderful recipe! Even my picky eaters who think they don't like vegetables liked this one. Delish!
Just made this recipe today. My family loved it. I will absolutely make it again. Plus it will be so easy to play with other ingredients to fit all individual tastes and use any leftovers.
I'll make it again, but this time hopefully I won't forget the pizza sauce. You might wanna add that to the directions. It's not mentioned which is why I forgot it.
My daughter loves this recipe, my picky grand-kiddoes love it and I greatly enjoy it when I get to visit. I make it for THEM when they come to see me.
I can't wait to try this one