- 8 ounces uncooked rigatoni (about 3 cups)
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- Chopped fresh basil or arugula, optional
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Add pizza sauce, soup and cheese; cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted.
- Add rigatoni and pepperoni to beef mixture. Heat through, stirring to combine. If desired, top with basil before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Pizza in a Bowl
"This is a wonderful pasta dish full of flavor. It tastes even better the next day."
"Yuck! and it does not look, smell, or taste like pizza."
"This was not too bad, though didn't taste enough like pizza to me. Could be because I used Chef Boyardee brand pizza sauce, and it ended up tasting too much like Chef Boyardee pasta from a can. I also had to substitute cream of chicken soup for the cream of mushroom because my family doesn't care for it. Don't know if that affected the taste too much or not. Overall though, it was very quick and easy to make, and I did like it. I just might try a different brand of pizza sauce next time."
"This was sooo good! My kids loved it. Super easy!"
"My family loved this recipe. I followed the recipe exactly, and this was very good. This is definitely a keeper!!"
"had a good flavor but felt it was too 'heavy', maybe less cheese or cut the mushroom soup down a bit. I'm sure kids would love it but I probably won't make again."
"This was a fantastic meal and so quick to put together! My son, who is a picky eater right now, didn't just have seconds but went back for thirds!"