- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 whole wheat dinner rolls, split
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 teaspoons juice. In a large bowl, combine carrot, onion, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, garlic powder and drained pineapple. Add chicken; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into eight 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Place rolls on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan, cut side up. Broil 4 in. from heat 30-60 seconds or until toasted. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add burgers to same pan. Broil 4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix sour cream, mayonnaise, ginger, remaining soy sauce and reserved pineapple juice. Serve burgers on rolls with lettuce and sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Chicken Sliders in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Pineapple Chicken Sliders
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review