- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, pineapple, green pepper, onion and seasoned salt until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Shape into a ball; roll in walnuts. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1 cheese ball (3 cups).
Reviews for Pineapple Cheese Ball
Sort By :
didn't have seasoned salt - so looked up ingredients and added them by sight - celery seed, garlic powder, dry mustard, paprika, salt, white pepper -- wonderful!!!!
I have made this for a couple of decades, but never added salt. Many times, I make it as a dip, (not draining the pineapple juice). Ball or dip it's gobbled up quickly!
Our southern version of this recipe calls for red pepper for color and sweetness, NO salt, and locally grown pecans. At work we usually serve with Wheat Thins but Triscuits and fresh veggies are great too.
2 teaspoons of salt is way too much for this recipe. I had to add 1 more 8 oz cream cheese and some more pineapple to accomodate the salt. Anyone else think so? I will make it again but will cut way back on the salt.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Ball Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Spread >
- Cheese Spreads >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Make Ahead Appetizers >
- Make-Ahead Finger Foods >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >