- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, pineapple, green pepper, onion and seasoned salt until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Shape into a ball; roll in walnuts. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1 cheese ball (3 cups).
Reviews for Pineapple Cheese Ball
"I made this yesterday. It was a big hit,"
"To me this is a Ohio thing at all party's. easy to make and taste Great"
"didn't have seasoned salt - so looked up ingredients and added them by sight - celery seed, garlic powder, dry mustard, paprika, salt, white pepper -- wonderful!!!!"
"I have made this for a couple of decades, but never added salt. Many times, I make it as a dip, (not draining the pineapple juice). Ball or dip it's gobbled up quickly!"
"Our southern version of this recipe calls for red pepper for color and sweetness, NO salt, and locally grown pecans. At work we usually serve with Wheat Thins but Triscuits and fresh veggies are great too."
"2 teaspoons of salt is way too much for this recipe. I had to add 1 more 8 oz cream cheese and some more pineapple to accomodate the salt. Anyone else think so? I will make it again but will cut way back on the salt."
"I have discovered a great way to drain crushed pineapple! I take 2 or 3 Mr. Coffee-type coffee filters and put in a bowl. Dump the pineapple into the filter. Gather up the edges of the filter and lift. let the juice drain, and then you can gently squeeze the pineapple in the filter until it has barely any moistness. The pineapple then comes out of the filter easily without clinging to it. Voile!"
"This is delicious! It is smooth with just the right amount of sweet. Definetly make sure the pineapple is totally drained and you may need to adjust the amount of onions depending on your preferences"
"My mom made this for years, and I was glad to come across this - had forgotten how yummy it was! Made for office party - it was the first thing gone with lots of requests for recipe. Made at a grad party - same thing - lots of requests. I use red bell pepper (sweeter) and drain pineapple in a sieve and press with spoon."