Pineapple lends a fruity tang to this fun and tasty appetizer. Instead of one large cheese ball, you could make two smaller ones...one to serve before a meal and one to take to a party. —Anne Halfhill, Sunbury, Ohio
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, pineapple, green pepper, onion and seasoned salt until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Shape into a ball; roll in walnuts. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1 cheese ball (3 cups).
Originally published as Pineapple Cheese Ball in Taste of Home February/March 2006, p35
Reviews for Pineapple Cheese Ball
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review