- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup frozen petite peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes and peas. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, Parmesan cheese, garlic, sugar, salt, basil and pepper; shake well. Pour over tomato mixture and toss to coat. Serve over lettuce. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Petite Pea Tomato Salad
Sort By :
I've lost count how often I've made this salad since it came out in Cooking for Two in 2005, especially as a side for caring for others meals. Ingredients are few and always on hand. I am making it this Saturday for a young family with a new baby. When I looked up the recipe, I was surprised to learn no one had rated it. Try it; you'll like it!