Peppermint Biscotti Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir in peppermint candy. Gradually add to creamed mixture, beating until blended (dough will be stiff).
- Divide dough in half. On an ungreased baking sheet, shape each portion into a 12-in. x 2-1/2-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 15 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a sharp knife into 1/2-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over biscotti; sprinkle with candy. Place on waxed paper until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Peppermint Biscotti(14)
Sort By :
This is such a perfect, easy recipe!
For all recipes calling for crushed peppermint. I found a 10 oz. package of crushed peppermint candy. It's all so nicely sized, perfect for what they call for in this recipe. The label on the back, says....Atkinson Candy Company, Lufkin, TX 75915-0220. www.atkinsoncandy.com And to top it al off MADE IN AMERICA"
"Christmas will never be the same" that is what my sister said after she had some of this biscotti. I made this last year for the first time and I made it again this year (this year I had to make a double batch and next year I will probably make more than that). This biscotti is so amazing I just can't put it into words! Now.... it does take a while to make that is the only downside but it is well worth it. Also, I can't find any crushed peppermint candies so some of my time is dedicated to crushing candy canes and that takes a good chunk of time. Make this recipe if you love biscotti, it is one of, if not THE best!
I made these for the first time last Christmas, and they were a huge hit. Everyone has been asking for them again this year. I have a double batch in the oven right now...they smell heavenly! I drizzle mine with white chocolate and then sprinkle with the crushed peppermint. Delish!
These are soooo good. They have a great peppermint taste, but not overpowering as some others have also said. I was a bit skeptical of this due to all the crushed peppermint and peppermint extract, but when I took a taste - it was SO GOOD! Great with peppermint mocha coffee. Very pretty for gifts too.
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >