Drizzled Gingerbread Biscotti
After stumbling across a community recipe for gingerbread biscotti, I made several batches and tweaked it to our tastes. These became an instant obsession at our house.—Susan Board, Palmer, Alaska
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake : 40 min. + cooling
- 7 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 5 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1-1/4 cups white baking chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- Red Hots
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, molasses and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flours, spices, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in crystallized ginger.
- Divide dough in half. On an ungreased baking sheet, shape each half into a 14x2-in. rectangle. Bake 20-25 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Cool on pans on wire racks until cool enough to handle. Transfer baked rectangles to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut diagonally into 1/2-in. slices. Place upright 1-in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt baking chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over biscotti. Decorate with Red Hots.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 124 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Gingerbread Biscotti in Ultimate Cookie Swap 2016 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.