Pepper Beef Goulash Recipe
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 envelope sloppy joe seasoning
- 2 to 2-1/4 pounds beef stew meat (3/4-inch cubes)
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the water, tomato paste, vinegar and sloppy joe seasoning. Stir in the beef, celery and green pepper. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours. Serve with rice. Yield: 4-5 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pepper Beef Goulash(9)
Sort By :
This is a good way to make goulash, very tasty and different from the sour cream gravy
This was tasty! The sauce reminded me of what my mom use to cook stuffed green peppers in. Served white rice AND mashed potatoes.
This recipe has really good flavor and is sooo easy. The only thing I don't like is that the beef stew meat creates oil/fat in the sauce. The stew meat itself gets the fat cooked off though, and is really good and moist.
This is an excellent recipe. Easy to put together and everyone in my family enjoyed it from the first time I made it. I cook this on low in my crock pot for 4 hours only.
Excellent, & Easy!! I'd give it 10 stars if I could. Made it for a family get together and everyone said it was a keeper!! We had this over egg noodles but next time we will try rice or even mashed potatoes. It was a hit at our house and we'll be making it again soon. Thanks for posting this great dish!