- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook until mushrooms are tender, 4-5 minutes longer.
- Stir in the flour, paprika, dill, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in the broth, milk and soy sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in sour cream and lemon juice (do not boil).
1 cup: 275 calories, 18g fat (12g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 1249mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.