"my whole family enjoys this change-of-pace salad," relates David Wasson, Tulsa, Oklahoma. He adds a fast-to-fix dressing to frozen veggies, olives and onions to make the colorful crunchy medley a hit at any gathering.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, garlic salt and pepper. Pour over vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 94 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Hungarian Salad in Quick Cooking January/February 2002