Hungarian Noodle Side Dish
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 package (16 ounces) medium noodles, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, dissolve bouillon in water. Add the next six ingredients; mix well. Stir in cottage cheese, sour cream and noodles and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and paprika. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 369 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 810mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 7, 2017
Good and creamy, but a little too much of the Worcestershire sauce.
Aug 5, 2015
This is excellent. My family loves it. It is definitely a keeper!_nlfPA
Jan 1, 2014
Average. Apricot kugel is a much better noodle dish
Nov 18, 2013
This dish was delicious! Followed recipe exactly except omitted seeds. Makes a lot and super simple to put together. Next time I will add mushrooms.
Sep 16, 2012
I made this last night and it was wonderful. I followed the recipe exactly. I was just wondering, what makes it Hungarian?
Apr 19, 2012
I thought this would make a nice, creamy, comfort food type of side dish. I added a bit of dijon mustard to my dish at the start thinking it might need a bit more flavor. Boy, was I wrong. It had a perfect blend of comfort AND flavor. My husband and I loved it and will definitely make it again.
Oct 13, 2010
Excellent dish, will make again. I didn't the add poppy seeds.
Aug 12, 2010
This is the ultimate comfort food. I did use a bit more onion , but that was a personal preference.Next time I may add mushrooms. Very, very good recipe !!
Aug 5, 2010
Yum! This was a delicious, creamy dish that I'm sure I will make again. I did omit the poppy seeds because I had none on hand but the flavor was still wonderful. The Worcestershire really gives it a nice tang. Easy to prepare, too. It does make a LOT so next time I will either use this as the entree for a meat-free dinner, or halve the recipe.