Hungarian Pork Goulash
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 to 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- Hot boiled potatoes
- In a Dutch oven, brown pork in oil over medium heat. Stir in onions; cook until onions are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the broth, paprika, caraway seeds, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Add sauerkraut; heat through. Combine flour and water until smooth; stir into pork mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and dill. Return to the heat; cook on low for 1-2 minutes or until heated through (do not boil). Serve over potatoes.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 16, 2019
Amazing recipe! Second time i've made it. I don't do dairy so i minus the cream and its just as good. I also add like 5 cloves of garlic not 1 how can you only add 1 clove of garlic?
Feb 8, 2016
This Goulash is very similar to how my mom made it years ago! Very good! I add the Hungarian Sweet Paprika to mine, instead of plain paprika.
Nov 3, 2013
Made this recipe as is and it was great. Next time I may add more dill, but this is a great recipe.