Hungarian Pork Goulash
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 to 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- Hot boiled potatoes
- In a Dutch oven, brown pork in oil over medium heat. Stir in onions; cook until onions are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the broth, paprika, caraway seeds, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Add sauerkraut; heat through. Combine flour and water until smooth; stir into pork mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and dill. Return to the heat; cook on low for 1-2 minutes or until heated through (do not boil). Serve over potatoes.
Mar 16, 2019
Amazing recipe! Second time i've made it. I don't do dairy so i minus the cream and its just as good. I also add like 5 cloves of garlic not 1 how can you only add 1 clove of garlic?
Feb 8, 2016
This Goulash is very similar to how my mom made it years ago! Very good! I add the Hungarian Sweet Paprika to mine, instead of plain paprika.
Nov 3, 2013
Made this recipe as is and it was great. Next time I may add more dill, but this is a great recipe.