"These are so much quicker and easier to make than traditional raised sticky buns," assures Dorthy Bateman of Carver, Massachusetts. "Everyone just loves them! They are great company muffins for a Sunday Brunch."
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk, oil, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Into each greased muffin cup, spoon 1 teaspoon butter, 1 teaspoon brown sugar and 1 heaping tablespoon of pecans. Top each with 1/4 cup of batter.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until muffins test done. Invert pan onto a piece of foil. Let stand for 2 minutes; remove pan. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Pecan Sticky Muffins in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p19
Reviews for Pecan Sticky Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review