Peanut Butter Muffin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Jelly, optional
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in peanut butter and 2 tablespoons butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat the eggs and milk; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 15-17 minutes or until muffins test done. Melt remaining butter; brush over the tops of muffins. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Cool for 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack. Serve with jelly if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 221 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Apr 25, 2016
I spooned about 2 Tablespoons of the batter into each muffin cup, followed by a teaspoon of jelly, then topped with the remaining batter. So good with the jelly baked inside!
Jan 2, 2013
Pretty good, I skipped the cinnamon sugar topping though. Made a batch of minis and they also turned out well, just baked a wee bit to long (whoops) but these are great for a peanut butter fix.
Jun 29, 2008
Can crunchy peanut butter be used in this recipe?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.