- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) milk chocolate English toffee bits
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Press firmly onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat the milk, egg, vanilla and salt until smooth. Stir in toffee bits and pecans; spread evenly over baked crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool. Cover and chill; cut into bars. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews forPecan Pie Bars
"I made these this weekend for a cookout and everybody loved them! I added chocolate in the middle to make them "Derby Bars," like you suggested on Facebook Live - great, great tip!"
"Really good and easy!"
"I made these a few days ago, and they are really good. I was apprehensive about using the chocolate-coated toffee bits, but you could hardly tell there was chocolate in there. If you couldn't find the chocolate ones, I think the plain toffee bits would still be good. I found mine at Albertsons. Walmart and Kroger did not have them. Pecan pie is my signature dish at Thanksgiving, and I am seriously considering abandoning my pecan pie and making these pecan pie bars instead. They are THAT good!! I made it according to the recipe. My crust never resembled coarse meal, but it started coming together like pie dough and I just smashed it into the bottom of the pan. I had a little trouble spreading it over the whole pan, but I finally made it work. These are really easy to make and sooooo good! I love pecans, but I think other nuts would be good if you prefer walnuts or almonds. Peanuts might even work. As someone else said, they are not "messy" like pecan pie, but the crust was a little crumbly."
"Dutch GrandmaI made these yesterday for the first time, following recipe exactly. Very good and easy! I will make again!"
"Deannnr...the most popular brand is Heath toffee chips."
"Have'nt made yet,where do I find English Toffee Bits? Is it a type of candy?"
"Very good and delicious! I used caramel flavored condensed milk and chopped dark chocolate. Everyone Loved it!!"