- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) milk chocolate English toffee bits
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Press firmly onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat the milk, egg, vanilla and salt until smooth. Stir in toffee bits and pecans; spread evenly over baked crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool. Cover and chill; cut into bars. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Pecan Pie Bars
"Very good and delicious! I used caramel flavored condensed milk and chopped dark chocolate. Everyone Loved it!!"
"My husband loves these! None of us like toffee so I substituted a package of chocolate chips instead. Delicious!"
"I have made these for years after getting them out of a holiday cookie version of the TOH cookbook. Love them! I've used walnuts, almonds, and pecans and they all work great. When I use almonds, I add some chocolate chips after baking to the top and spread thinly once they start to melt. Instant almond toffee bars. My favorite TOH recipe by far!"
"These sounds wonderful! I had to rate them in order to ask this question so I gave 5 stars for that reason. I'm wondering if I can use walnuts instead of pecans as I have a freezer full of walnuts, and I do have to use them instead of buying pecans. If anyone knows please let me know as soon as possible. I just may make them anyway and I will report back."
"This sounds so good. It sounds like it would be simple to make. My family likes pecan pie so I am sure they will like these."
"I made these following the recipe, also concerned about the toffee chips, but they are excellent! I took them to work and everone loved them and when I told them how easy they were to make they wanted the recipe. I cut them into small pieces as they are rich! Definately a new holiday addition to bake!"
"After trying several other recipes for pecan pie bars, I found this recipe to be the most delicious. At first I was concerned about adding a bag of English toffee bits to the mixture, but found that it added just the right amount of sweetness. My husband loved these and I plan to make them often."
"We tried a few different pecan pie bar recipes to find one that tasted the most like pecan pie, to send along to an event in place of pecan pie, which can be messy and difficult to serve to a crowd. This one is a very good bar, but does not taste enough like pecan pie to be a replacement. The kids picked another (messier) bar because it tastes more like the pie. Still might make this one again for holiday cookie trays!"
"I have made these bars several times and every time I do people ask for the recipe because it is so delicious. There are never any left overs!"
"Incredibly simple, and incredibly delicious!"