Li’l Pecan Pies
These tempting little tarts have all the rich traditional taste of a full-size pecan pie in a much smaller package. The tarts are perfect for two. —Christine Boitos, Livonia, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 4 teaspoons cold water
- 1/3 cup pecan halves
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a 6-in. circle. Transfer to two 4-1/2-in. tart pans; fit pastry into pans, trimming if necessary. Arrange pecans in shells.
- In another small bowl, whisk egg, brown sugar, corn syrup and vanilla. Pour over pecans. Place shells on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Top with whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 pie: 734 calories, 34g fat (6g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 104g carbohydrate (65g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Li'l Pecan Pies in Taste of Home February/March 2001