- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sugar sliced pears
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- Drain pears, reserving the syrup; chop pears. Place pears and syrup in a large bowl; add the cake mix, egg whites and egg. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high for 4 minutes.
- Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray and dust with flour. Add batter.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Pear Bundt Cake
"I first made this recipe when my children were both preschoolers years ago, (phew, they are 23 and almost 19 now!!!) and this was something easy to make with an autistic (Asperger's) toddler, my son, who is the youngest, hanging on me. We loved it, especially my daughter, the oldest, who loves pears. I soon experimented and found that it works well with any flavor cake mix, we liked it with a spice cake mix or a yellow cake mix, and that you can use any same size can of fruit that is marked "light" meaning it is in it's own juice. It is very good with pineapple and also mandarin orange segments too, for example. It also was great to slice and put in zipper bags to freeze, and then take along on picnics, fishing trips, nature walks, and camping, since it is so moist that it doesn't need icing."
"Made this for a family gathering. Even the little ones loved it and it was so easy. I added just a bit of cinnamon and it brought out the taste of the pears."
"Just a so-so dessert. I followed the directions precisely and what I got tasted mainly like white boxed cake mix. The pear taste was really undetectable. The only real perk of this dessert is the ease, but I would not make this again as there are so many good TOH pear desserts like gingerbread cobbler."
"I made this using fresh pears which are in season right now - it was good but i'll try it with the canned pears next time"
"Made this today. Excellent!! I did add another can of pears though."