Pistachio Bundt Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons whole milk
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mixes, water, eggs and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients, adding enough milk to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over cake.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 406 calories, 20g fat (4g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 415mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 10, 2018
TOH needs to update this recipe. Most companies no longer carry the 18 oz cake mix box. The amount of water and oil should be decreased. Otherwise very good recipe!
Mar 14, 2017
This cake is awesome. I agree that the 2 boxes definitely make it a moist cake. It's a keeper.
Aug 26, 2015
I've made this cake before using only 1 box of pistachio pudding. The second box of pudding puts extra special taste, texture and moistness into the cake. Baked in a Nordic Ware Classic Bundt pan. Baked 350 deg. exactly 60 min. The outer crust was nicely browned and slightly textured and the cake was perfectly baked. Next time I will try adding 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract as in my previous Pistachio Bundt cakes. I made this for Mom's 88th birthday. It has been her specialty all our lives and for her grandchildren as well. Mom loved it!
May 20, 2014
My husband loved this cake!!!! So easy and so yummy!!!!
Jan 12, 2014
My daughter is in love with this cake!! Will definitely make this one again!
Aug 17, 2013
This is so easy to make and always is a crowd pleaser.
Mar 14, 2013
This cake is so easy and consistently delicious! My son always requests this cake for his birthday, and I'm actually making one tonight!
Mar 4, 2012
This cake was good. It is not overwhelming with flavor. I topped the glaze with crushed pistachios.
Dec 13, 2011
This cake was so easy to make. My husband loves it. I put a piece in his lunch box this morning and he called me and told me that he LOVED THIS CAKE!!! It is so moist and it almost like it has a pudding center. He told me to definitely put this recipe in my "favorite cakes" file. I will definitely make this again. Thnaks Taste of Home for such awesome recipes....
Sep 12, 2010
This cake was SO easy to make. I selected the recipe because I had the ingredients on hand - I was looking for a bundt recipe in which to try out my new Thanksgiving-themed bundt pan from Williams Sonoma. I didn't have pistachio pudding on hand, but I had pumpkin spice instant pudding instead, so I used that. It was EXTREMELY moist and very tasty. I would definitely like to try this with the pistachio - I bet it would be very pretty.