- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup plus 2/3 cup peanut butter, divided
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, butter, 1/2 cup peanut butter, corn syrup and vanilla. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until mixture is bubbly around the edges.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butterscotch and chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in peanuts and remaining peanut butter; spread over the oat mixture. Cool for 10 minutes; chill until set. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Peanutty Candy Bars(16)
Sort By :
Pretty close to perfection in a square!
AWESOME, I did 1 pkg of choc. chips, and 1 c. butterscotch chips, in the frosting.
This is one of my favorite go-to recipes! Everyone loves the mix of chocolate and peanut butter.
Fantastic! I did decrease the brown sugar to 3/4 cup and used equal portions of butterscotch and choc chips, per previous reviewers suggestions.
These were some of the best squares I've ever made. So delicious, I've made them three times and the only problem is that it's almost impossible to keep from eating half of them in one sitting!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bar Recipes >
- Candy Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >
- Peanut Recipes >