- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cashews, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2-2/3 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (1.55 ounces), coarsely chopped
- Place flour and butter in a food processor; cover and process until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add 1 cup cashews; pulse a few times until combined.
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spoon over crust.
- In another bowl, whisk milk and both pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with chopped candy bar and remaining cashews. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Pudding Dessert
"many of the ingredients are very similar to the chocolate peanut butter dessert which I made again yesterday for our son at his house. it's no bake though"
"Oh my goodness, this dessert is so delicious! Creamy, chocolate and nutty...what's not to like?"
"Wonderful, everyone raved about it! So different then most other pudding desserts. Suggest, don't overcook crust. Definitely will make again. Oh, I added two crushed candy bars and it was not too much."
"A wonderful dessert. Got rave reviews from coworkers. Delicious and very easy to make. Definitely a keeper."
"Pretty good, husband and grandkids loved it, I personally think it would be better with a thinner layer of whipped cream on top, will make it again."
"i always make this with crushed walnuts and pistachio pudding for Easter"
"I think I will just delete the nutrional info and give it a try. I am so sure it will be 10 stars. How could it not!"
"I make a very similar one, try freezing the dessert till its made half frozen. Just like a drumstick!"
"I don't have a food processor. Can the crust be made with a blender, mixer, or ??? Any advice would be appreciated."
"Great dessert! Everyone loved it. I used chopped peanuts instead of cashews. I will be definitely making this one again."