Peanut Butter Pudding Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cashews, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2-2/3 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (1.55 ounces), coarsely chopped
- Place flour and butter in a food processor; cover and process until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add 1 cup cashews; pulse a few times until combined.
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spoon over crust.
- In another bowl, whisk milk and both pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with chopped candy bar and remaining cashews. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Pudding Dessert
Sort By :
"I make a very similar one, try freezing the dessert till its made half frozen. Just like a drumstick!"
"I don't have a food processor. Can the crust be made with a blender, mixer, or ??? Any advice would be appreciated."
"Great dessert! Everyone loved it. I used chopped peanuts instead of cashews. I will be definitely making this one again."
"Since this recipe was posted, I have made it three times! (in less than a 10 days!)Always rave reviews. I didn't have cashews the firs two times, so I used almonds. Great reviews from the family and church folks. I used chopped peanut butter cups to garnish since my son is not a fan of nuts."
"Made mine with pecans. Awesome taste, easy recipe. This is such a keeper. Thanks for sharing. Will be making this one again and again. The only problem is one cannot give this 10 stars.."