Peanut Butter Caramel Bars Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 20 miniature peanut butter cups, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- 1 can (16 ounces) milk chocolate frosting
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter and egg; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes or until no longer crumbly. Stir in peanut butter cups.
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the cornstarch, caramel topping and peanut butter; stir until smooth. Cook over low heat for 25-27 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil; stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in peanuts.
- Spread evenly over warm crust. Bake 6-7 minutes longer or until almost set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Spread with frosting; sprinkle with peanuts. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Caramel Bars(4)
Sort By :
Have made this several times. Have a cup of coffee ready, it is very rich.
There are SO good. Gooey and rich and definitely taste homemade. My only suggestion would be to chop the peanuts that go on top for a better presentation and nicer texture.
These are delicious! The chocolate frosting gives them an interesting and unique flavor. They are best right out of the fridge!
This is a fun recipe. I recommend getting all your ingredients together before getting started. The saucepan mixture came together quickly for me. These bars are extraordinary. They disappear fast and freeze well too! Thank you Lee Ann
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >