My two young sons are crazy about these simple, fast cookie bars. And as a busy mom, easy preparation makes this one scrumptious dessert I can rely on—even at the last minute. You might want to vary the jam or jelly to suit your own family’s tastes. —Carolyn Mulloy, Davison, Michigan
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 can (16 ounces) buttercream frosting
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam or grape jelly
- Let dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with peanut butter chips.
- Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned and edges are firm to the touch. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat frosting and peanut butter until smooth. Spread over bars. Drop jam by teaspoonfuls over frosting; cut through frosting with a knife to swirl the jam. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter 'n' Jelly Bars in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p37
Reviews for Peanut Butter 'n' Jelly Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review