With fresh peaches and sweet caramelized onions, these pork chops from Frankie Mann of Warrior, Alabama are sure to be a hit with folks of all ages. “Even the finicky ones like this,” she says.
Recommended: Top 10 Grilled Pork Recipes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 pork rib chops (1/2 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled fresh peaches or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm. Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with salt and thyme; add to skillet. Cover and cook for 6-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the peaches, sugar, vinegar and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Return pork and onion to the pan; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Peach-Topped Pork Chops in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p45
Reviews for Peach-Topped Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2014
"This was a great dish. I fixed it for my husband and was delicious. Especially good with the fresh peaches now in season."
Reviewed May. 2, 2010
"This was great - I used pork tenderloins instead - very good and would make again."
Reviewed Apr. 30, 2010
"Yummy - -"