Peach Pound Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups diced fresh or frozen peaches
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the batter alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Fold in the peaches.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Peach Pound Cake(12)
Sort By :
Absolutely delicious! The only thing I changed was to add 1 cup of huckleberries along with the peaches.
I will definitely add at least three cups of peaches next time. I used about six fresh, very juicy peaches.
This turned out really good. The only thing I'd change for next time is that I'd use less or no almond extract and possibly more vanilla extract. I just thought it overpowered the flavor a little bit. Otherwise, the consistency was great and making it was easy enough!
Yummy! First pound cake I've made and we loved it.