- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups diced fresh or frozen peaches
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the batter alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Fold in the peaches.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Peach Pound Cake
Sort By :
"Mmmmm....nummy!! Followed recipe as it is. I'm a fan of the almond extract with peaches. Looking forward to next summer when the fresh peaches are available so I can bake more."
"The texture of this cake was wonderful. Crispy/crunchy outside and moist inside. However, like another reviewer posted, it's missing a something, a little depth . I think it needs more salt (when using unsalted butter). I would up it to 1/2 a teaspoon the next time. I also think the almond extract overpowers (and I like almond extract) I will reduce to 1/2 tsp. next time."
"Absolutely delicious! The only thing I changed was to add 1 cup of huckleberries along with the peaches."
"I will definitely add at least three cups of peaches next time. I used about six fresh, very juicy peaches."