- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen peaches
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg, sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour and baking powder; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in peaches and pecans. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Peach Muffins
"As-is, this is a decent recipe. The peaches taste delicious in this but to be honest that's where most of the flavor comes from. I used 1/2C white sugar and 1/4 cup brown. I also added in some ground cinnamon (about 1/4tsp). I think next time I will put in more cinnamon and maybe a dash of nutmeg. I like the idea of sprinkling something on top, so I may try that too. Overall, a fresh tasting recipe but needs a bit more. I will say that the recipe was easy too. Oh, and I made jumbo muffins and it worked out fine :) Put them in at 385deg (my oven runs hot), baked for about 21-22 minutes. I'd try this recipe again with a few tweaks."
"Great flavor but more dense than I like my muffins."
"Called for pecans, but I substituted blueberries because both my guys are allergic to tree nuts and I have a ton of blueberries. I liked the use of the sour cream, though I'm betting they would be great with greek yogurt or peach flavored yogurt. I sprinkled the tops with raw sugar before baking, I like the crunch and sparkle it gives them. This is one of those recipes that as soon as I mix the batter, I know I should have doubled it!"
"A delicious way to use fresh peaches! I added cinnamon to the batter and omitted the pecans. My family loved them!"
"Very good! No complaints from anyone. Easy to make. They made a dozen. A good amount for a treat, but not too many that they didn't get eaten."