Pea Pods with Onion Recipe
This simple side from Heather Sauter of Silver Spring, Maryland is a welcome alternative to green beans, and the pea pods look so pretty tossed with chopped onion. "This dish is a snap to make and tastes like a million bucks," Heather assures.
- 1/2 pound fresh pea pods
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the pea pods and water in a microwave-safe bowl; cover and cook on high for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook onion in 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat until crisp-tender.
- Drain peas; add to onion mixture. Add salt, pepper and remaining butter; toss to coat. Cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pea Pods with Onion in Taste of Home April/May 2004, p47
Reviews for Pea Pods with Onion(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes For Two >
- Side Dishes for Two >
- Snow Peas >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >