This appetizer is delicious, easy and pretty, too! Everyone who tries it asks for the recipe. The spread keeps for several days, so it's great for making in advance for a party. But once you put it out, it won't last long! —Maire Macy, Fort Collins, Colorado
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, about 2/3 cup
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, stems trimmed and discarded
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Thaw spinach and drain thoroughly, squeezing out extra liquid. Wash parsley; pat dry on paper toweling. In food processor, chop parsley using steel blade. Add spinach and remaining ingredients; pulse until combined. Store in airtight container in refrigerator. Serve with thin wheat crackers, buttery crackers or celery and cheese sticks. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Party Spinach Spread in Country April/May 1990, p51
Reviews for Party Spinach Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review