Party Spinach Spread Recipe
This appetizer is delicious, easy and pretty, too! Everyone who tries it asks for the recipe. The spread keeps for several days, so it's great for making in advance for a party. But once you put it out, it won't last long! —Maire Macy, Fort Collins, Colorado
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, about 2/3 cup
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, stems trimmed and discarded
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Thaw spinach and drain thoroughly, squeezing out extra liquid. Wash parsley; pat dry on paper toweling. In food processor, chop parsley using steel blade. Add spinach and remaining ingredients; pulse until combined. Store in airtight container in refrigerator. Serve with thin wheat crackers, buttery crackers or celery and cheese sticks. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Party Spinach Spread in Country April/May 1990, p51
Reviews for Party Spinach Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review