Parmesan Potatoes Au Gratin Recipe
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds red potatoes, very thinly sliced
- 2-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Combine the first five ingredients. Layer a third of the potatoes and 2/3 cup cheese mixture in a greased 8-in. square baking dish; repeat layers. Top with remaining potatoes; pour cream over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 65 minutes. Increase temperature to 375°. Uncover; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and top is golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Parmesan Potatoes Au Gratin(10)
Sort By :
This is a great side dish for the holidays. It goes great with ham. It is very rich and you can definitely taste the lemon. We all loved it at our house but this dish may not appeal to everyone.
First bite was delicious, but it was so rich I couldn't eat much.
Throw away dish...creme curled..just not a good recipe..
I took this new recipe to my friend's home for a family dinner. It received a 5 star rating. Everyone had two helpings.
My family loved these potatoes!! I made a double batch for Easter and they were a big hit. I divided the cream and poured some on each layer. Can't wait to make them again! I will add a little bit of garlic powder the next time.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Au Gratin Potatoes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >