- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, sugar, 3 tablespoons butter, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Punch the dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide into 36 pieces. Shape each piece into a 6-in. rope. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 25 minutes.
- Melt remaining butter; brush over dough. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and garlic salt. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Parmesan Garlic Breadsticks
Sort By :
"I just ate three of these breadsticks! I love the garlic and Parmesan combination on the top. Be sure to go easy on the garlic salt, a little bit goes a long way. I also added a rosemary spice blend to the top of these. Delicious! I will definitely make these often."
"I thought it was strange to have garlic salt rather than garlic powder in the recipe and, since all I had was garlic powder, I used that instead. The recipe lacked... salt. :) I'll be sure to use garlic salt next time."
"These are by far the best breadsticks I have made. I do add parsley, garlic and onion powder to the melted butter before spreading on the breadsticks. These are also great with mozzarella cheese in addition to the parmesan. Instead of turning out on a floured surface I just knead them in the bowl I made them in and then oil the same bowl to let rise. It is just a time saver and less clean up. My son's request this recipe on a regular basis. Great recipe!"
"I can't imagine giving this recipe any less than 5 stars. I will no longer search for a breadstick recipe again! My family was eating them as they came from the oven. My husband is the pickiest of all eaters. He ate 4 of them before dinner and raved about them all evening. They were extremely light, fluffy, and delicious. I served them with minestone soup."
"very good breadsticks"