I developed this recipe one Saturday night when I wanted to make something a little nicer, but with minimal time in the kitchen. I'd tried something similar at a restaurant a few weeks earlier. It's a great way to use leftover grilled chicken...or you can use purchased grilled chicken strips. —Tamara Duncan
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 pound cooked chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded plum tomato
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute the ham and garlic in oil until garlic is tender. Add the chicken, spinach, artichokes and tomato; cook and stir until heated through. Stir in the sauce and milk; bring to boil. Reduce heat. Drain pasta; stir into sauce and heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Chicken Pasta in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p141
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Parmesan Chicken Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review