- 4 pounds pork spareribs
- 2 medium oranges
- 1 bottle (28 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2/3 to 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place ribs in two foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 325° for 2 hours; drain. Cut into serving size portions.
- Place ribs in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Squeeze oranges, reserving 1/2 cup juice and the peel. Combine the juice, barbecue sauce, onion, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, pepper sauce and cayenne. Cut orange peel into large chunks and add to sauce; pour sauce over ribs.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30-45 minutes or until ribs are tender and sauce is thickened, turning ribs several times to coat with sauce. Discard orange peel. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Oven-Baked Ribs
"So easy and so good! I try to avoid cooking with ONLY barbeque sauce, so this was a nice change. I didn't have any oranges on hand, so just used orange juice but it still tasted great. Will definitely make again."
"I made this recipe exactly as written - - no change necessary!"
"these are the best ribs ive ever made we didnt have oranges so i used just orange juice it was still perfect!"